Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cherry Chip Cookies

These unusual and very delicious cookies remind me of my Dad.  They are his favorite, and my mom would bake them for him often.

I haven't made them for a while, because I have a hard time finding cherry chips anymore.  If I ever come across any I will definitely make these again.  I think they would be almost as good with cinnamon chips.  Of course you can substitute any chip your heart desires.

Cherry Chip Cookies

2 1/4 Cups flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 Cup butter, softened
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp almond extract
3/4 Cups corn flakes, crushed
6 oz. cherry chips

Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.  Sift flour and salt together, set aside.  Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk and almond extract.  Stir flour mixture into butter mixture.  Stir in corn flakes and chips.  Dough will be very stiff.  If necessary, knead dough to mix thoroughly.  Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes.

Try not to eat the whole batch at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment