Monday, September 24, 2012

Garlic Chicken Pasta



I made this for dinner tonight, even though I didn't want it.  I didn't want it because I wanted Chicken Scampi from Olive Garden.  But since the closest Olive Garden is over 2 hours away, and there was no way I was going to make it there in time for dinner, I had to make something that was not nearly the same, but was close enough to satisfy my craving.

This is a simple pasta dish.  Few ingredients, done in the time it takes the pasta to boil, it was a winner for a busy weeknight.  If I would have had some parmesan cheese, I would have grated a fair amount over the finished dish, and it would have been awesome.

Garlic Chicken Pasta

1 lb chicken tenders, cut into chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz angel hair or thin spaghetti
2 tbsp butter

In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic.  Cook and stir 1 minute.  Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 6 - 8 minutes.  Remove from heat and keep warm.

When pasta is cooked, drain well.  Add butter to pasta pot and add pasta back into pot.  Stir to coat with butter.  Add garlic chicken to pot and toss together.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Wish that you were at Olive Garden eating Chicken Scampi, then decide to be thankful that you have a warm tasty dinner to enjoy at home.

I served this with a green salad.  Garlic bread would have been a great addition as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment