Saturday, September 22, 2012

Homemade Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Fries



I shop for groceries once a week.  It is one of my favorite things to do.  On Thursday I get the paper with all the store ads.  I sit down and see what is on sale, then I check what coupons I can print that go with sale items.  I go to 3 different grocery stores each week, plus Walmart if we need other supplies.  I try to only buy sale items at each store, and usually I'm pretty successful. 

The other day one of the stores had pork cube steak on sale.  I knew immediately that I would bring it home and make tenderloins out of it.  They had been tenderized at the store, but I went ahead and pounded them out, because we like them a little thinner. 

I had half of a baked sweet potato left from earlier, so I made sweet potato fries to go with the sandwich.

Everyone said it was a favorite, and would like to have them again soon.

Homemade Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Fries

3 pc pork cube steak, pounded as thin as you like into tenderloins
1 Cup flour
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 Cup crushed dry bread crumbs
Oil for frying

1/2 baked sweet potato, peeled and cut into fries

Place flour in a ziplock bag.  In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.  Place bread crumbs on a plate or in a shallow bowl.  Heat 1 inch of oil in a pot over high until hot but not smoking.

Shake each tenderloin in the flour, then dip in egg mixture and let excess drip off.  Dredge in bread crumbs, then place in hot oil.  Cook 4 minutes, then turn once and cook another 4 minutes, or until dark golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.

Shake sweet potatoes in flour to coat, then place in oil.  Cook, turning until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.  Drain on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment